Saturday 24 March 2012

semi-anual post








So here's some photos of our new place as of December (missing one room)! Pros and Cons to moving:
cons to moving: leaving a back yard nearly always full of friends. Church so close we could walk to it any desired time. Borrowing a cup of sugar was never easier when you had 100 people to ask within an hundred yards. So many friends, so close. Being able to do 5 loads of laundry all at once, it's done within a day. Living on the third floor means being able to spy on people without them hardly even knowing it-muh wah haha-So much space for Eden to romp around and explore while I could sit comfortably on the bench watching and talking to FRIENDS. A car. The creamery! Neighboring my sister. Cougar Cable. clean carpets. All the toys out doors for anyone to use. Packing and unpacking and cleaning and re-cleaning. And did I mention all the FRIENDS?!

pros to moving: Triple the square footage so we don't feel like we need to spend all day outside to avoid losing sanity. Not completing the trek required to check the mail and hoist 5 loads of laundry and kids, but having a convenient home to do it in. Not having to prep for carpet cleaning everytime I turn around. A fenced backyard I can send Eden out to play! A dish washer, I think I'd say I'm even a clean person now! The yard I can putter in, I actually enjoy outdoor work. The variety of neighbors. Micah would say being able to get away with not shaving. Bigger space so I can't hear all the mischief my kiddos may be making. (Well, really what get's past a mom's ears, at least I can pretend to not hear it). New friends. A more lenient land lord that will let me put up a Christmas Tree (because ya know, the cement walls may catch on fire~!). And yes, walls not made of cinder block. Quiet neighborhood: rather than hearing EFY dances every Thursday night and Football every Saturday and construction every summer, I hear the peaceful slumber of those resting in peace in the cemetery. Carpet that my daughter can crawl around on without having to grow callouses on her knees. And did I mention the space?!! Thanks to those that have come to visit us-we would love to see more of our friends! I hope it's you who's reading it that I get to see next.

And what's post without ADORABLE picts of the kiddos?! I need to have several photos here for the family we don't get to see as often as we'd like-miss you all!



9 comments:

Kelsey said...

You have so much floor in your house! That is amazing!
Glad to see you guys are still alive and happy.
We miss you!

Brian and Cathy Phillips said...

Yay yay yay! I love the pictures! The girls are getting so big, and you are in a house! dishwasher = amazing, right? and if you're looking for visitors, we'll invite ourselves over. Sigh, I guess it'll have to be when we're actually in the same state as you guys though. Thanks for the blog post. We sure miss you guys.

Alison said...

I'm glad you're liking it! It looks so big and fun! And also, we miss you guys! We'll have to play soon :)

Unknown said...

Finally out of wymount, eh? Looks like a nice set up. Where are you at now?

Stephanie said...

I loved seeing all the pictures.Cosette looks just like you in the picture where you're holding her. i love it! Your new place looks great. Having your own backyard should be a lot of fun this summer. Oh the possibilities. :)

Mama Tales said...

I love all the pics! Don't I have BEAUTIFUL grandaughters?

lanita said...

Look at all that space!! (yes, I know, I'm a little behind the times.) I loved seeing more pictures of your digs. It's easier to picture my Becky and her family and what life looks like. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

I guess I've missed out on baby #2! Very belated congratulations! And your hair looks amazing!

Where did you guys move to? Still in UT?

Miss ya!!

The Lavines

Alyson said...

WOW! That is wonderful! I LOVE the updated pics of the kiddos! They are growing so fast and good golly they are SO CUTE!! Congrats on the new digs! More space and a fenced backyard can be quite the bonus!!